Pages

Powered By Blogger

Wednesday 20 February 2013

November 22nd 2012


Today when I woke up, I didn't get ready for school as normal, I got dressed in my own clothes and I went downstairs to get some breakfast. I was getting my braces off today so I wasn't going to school because my appointment was for 9am and then I had another one at 3.40pm so my mam said that I didn't have to go to school. My dad got the day off work so at like 8.15am all 4 of us left and headed for Salesian College so we could drop Dean off at school and then we headed for the N4 but when we were on the roundabout, we saw the traffic and my mam told my dad to go another way so we went up by Lucan so I knew for a fact that I would be late for my appointment. My mam called up the reception and told them that we would be late and they were saying that we should just be here as soon as we could.

When we got to the hospital, my dad dropped me and my mam off at the door and he went off and waited for us to be done. We went in and sat down, there was like 3 other people there. We waited for about 10 minutes and then I was called in, my mam came with me down to room 7 and I sat in the chair. I was so nervous because I couldn't wait to see what my teeth looked like underneath my braces. Doctor O'Sullivan started to get started by looking at my teeth and then she put this water pipe into my mouth which kept my mouth wet an then she started to take the brackets off my teeth which wasn't that sore at all and while she turned away to get something to clean the bacteria off of my teeth, I licked my teeth on the sly and it felt so weird.

She was then talking to me for a little while about my teeth and she was saying that I didn't need surgery to align my jaw so I was chuffed, I saw my teeth for the first time and I looked like John Bishop because my teeth didn't suit my face, they looked massive but my mam said that it was just because I had my braces on my teeth for so long that I had forgotten what my teeth actually looked like. She then started to make a mould of my new teeth so that I could wear a set of retainers so that my teeth wouldn't move back to their original places. She had like this blue mould that she put into my mouth and I had to bite down as hard as I could and then she told me that I had to come back at 3.45pm to pick them up.

We then left and met back up with my dad and then we headed off to get something to eat, we went to Liffey Valley and we went up to some cafe up in the food court and we got ourselves a fry up. I had sausages, beans, rashers, toast and a cup of tea. I couldn't believe how weird it was to eat without my braces, it was like I had to learn all over again how to eat. My mam and dad couldn't stop laughing at me because my teeth just didn't suit my face and because I also had a lisp but I didn't care, my teeth were perfect and it only took 18 months to fix them. I couldn't wait to get them whitened because my mam did say that after I get my braces off she and I would go and get our teeth whitened together.

After breakfast was over, we went home and I went up to my room and put on my stereo and started singing and seeing how I would sound with my new teeth and I liked it. I know this is a weird comparison but it was like a paralysed person being able to walk again and it felt great. I couldn't wait to show them off to my friends on Friday.

At like 2.30 me and my dad set off to the hospital once again to pick up my retainers. I went in and I was like the only person there but yet it still took them about a good 30 minutes before I was called. I went in and she looked at my teeth again and put in my retainers and her face said it all; something was wrong. She was telling me that my retainers weren't fitting properly. Apparently the top ones were too small and were only covering half of my front teeth. She told me that she was going to have to make whole new retainers  and that I would have to come back tomorrow to pick the new ones up. She put the blue mould on my teeth once again and this time pushed up really hard so she covered my whole to then left and went back out into the waiting area and waited for my appointment card to be filled out. I was so annoyed because I had already missed 1 day out of school and now I was going to miss another, if she had of done her job properly none of us would've have to come back tomorrow. I picked up my appointment card and went out and told my dad the bad news. As we were driving home I felt like my big day had been ruined by her stupid mistake.

When I got home I went on the internet and was chatting away to my friends and Brian and they couldn't wait to see my new teeth. I went upstairs and got ready to go out because at about 7pm we were all going to Scoil Na Mainistreach because Dean had a St. John Ambulance cadet award night. Me, my mam and dad sat in the second row and looked at the show that was being put on. It was actually really good and it all ran smoothly and everyone knew where to stand and how to stand and what to say because some of the things they had to say were in Irish!

All of the important people from the St. John Ambulance were there like the head guy and the man who started it all. There was 2 of Dean's leaders who were in charge of giving the trophies out but 1 of the guy kept on making the trophies fall on the ground and everyone was just laughing. Dean's name was called up because he received an award for teamwork but me and my family were cheering and it didn't register in our heads that it was Dean, so my dad was panicking to get the camera and video camera out so we could record Dean's important moment. After that there was a few speeches from some of the leaders and then all the 20 or so boys and girls put on a little show.

I thought it was brilliant and well rehearsed and after it was over, we were all allowed to go over and interview them about the injuries they had to take care off, Dean had to take care of a guy with a broken arm so we went over and was asking Dean what he had to do to help his friend. After the we went home but my dad dropped around to Amanda's house first because I wanted to show her my teeth. I went into her house and showed her my teeth and she was shocked because I looked so weird and they looked so straight. I didn't stay long because my family were waiting in the car for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment