Pages

Powered By Blogger

Wednesday 20 February 2013

December 24th 2012


Today was Christmas Eve. Me and my family had a lot of stuff to do today to get the last few bits done before Christmas. I think Amanda cam over to my house for like an hour to give me my Christmas presents. She came up to my room and gave me 4 presents all wrapped individually. She got me a bottle a perfume; the same one that Katie got me, but I was happy because I really liked the smell of it, she got me a new make-up brush because she said my other was ridiculously worn out and used, she got me a lovely bracelet which is gorgeous and so me, and the present that she said wasn't ready on the last day of school was a key-ring with a picture of me and her in it. I love it! It was worth the wait and was such a good idea and a lovely thing to get me. She then left and I started to help my mam with getting the house clean and tidy.

Me and my family left the house and headed to Cherry Orchard Hospital to visit my nanny who is now a permanent resident. We went there and went into her ward and she was asleep, she didn't know who anybody was which I thought was really sad because I would hate that to happen to me because it's such a bad way to live. We stayed there for  about an hour, took a few pictures and gave her a few Christmas cards and then we brought her into the place where they had dinner cooking for her. We then left and headed for the graveyard, we bought a few bunches of lovely flowers and a Christmas wreath and set off for the grave. It was really cold and my mam and dad were sorting out the flowers on the grave and then afterwards we said a few prayers.

I had planned to go out to Brian so that we could exchange our Christmas presents. I got either my mam or my dad to drop me up to Brian's house and I went in and gave him his presents. He opened his card first and he gave me mine. He got me "18 months" by Calvin Harris and a good few belly bars, I was delighted because I wanted to be able to change the colour of it depending on what I was wearing. I got him a silver bracelet and R.E.D by Ne-Yo. We were both in such a happy mood and were hugging and kissing and then Brian went in to show his mam and dad the presents I got him, I then handed a Christmas gift bag to Karen and she opened it and took out a bottle of red wine and a box of Roses. She smiled and thanked me. She then handed me a package. I thanked her and then me and Brian went back into the kitchen. I opened it and it was a leopard cuddly toy which was so soft. Me and Brian then left because we were going back to my house so that Brian could give my parents the presents he got for them.

We went in and me, Brian, my mam and dad were talking for a few minutes about our plans for Christmas Day and the holidays. Brian then gave my mam a bag and she thanked Brian and then my mam and dad went off so me and Brian were just chatting away for a few minutes. Brian then left because there was so much for me and my family to do to prepare for Christmas Day. For the rest of the afternoon and night, I was helping my mam around the house with little tasks that needed to be done for Christmas Day. We made sure that the decorations were all up, the dining room table was set, the food was getting cooked, the floors were hovered and all counters were polished. We also changed the bed covers which is a tradition in my house. After all of the jobs were done, I went upstairs to wash my hair and have a shower, I then cleaned around my room and got my clothes ready for the next day and then I straightened my hair. I then got into bed at about 10.30pm and tried my best to get to sleep but despite me being 17 years old, I still acted like a child by not being able to get to sleep because I was so excited.

No comments:

Post a Comment