Pages

Powered By Blogger

Wednesday 20 February 2013

December 6th 2012


This morning I was walking to school with Amanda but it was about 20 past 8 when I got a phone call from her. I answered it and she was crying, I tried to calm her and asked her what had happened. She had fallen on the ice, there was black ice all over the place and she said she fell on her back and hurt her leg which was still on the road to recovery. She told me that she went home and didn't know whether she would be in school that day. Me and my mam left my house and drove around to her house because I needed to see if she was okay. I ran up to her house and didn't even knock just walked straight in, she was there in her sitting room sobbing her eyes out and couldn't really talk properly. I told her that she was to sit in her sitting room with a cup of tea and wait for her mam to get home. I then left and gave her a huge hug and told her to lock her front door.

I headed off to school and then told the girls what had happened. Throughout the whole day all I could think about was Amanda because I had gotten no texts from her saying what was going on or anything. In English, Ms. Mc'Hale was out again and didn't leave any work again which I thought was very odd because it wasn't like her.

Today when the bell rang at 4pm, everyone was going home but a few 6th years stayed because our Biology substitute teacher; Ms. Felle, was doing an after school biology study class and about 12 of us turned up. I was sitting at the back of the class with Alex and Aoife Byrne and a few other girls and we were in a group and there was 2 other groups. It lasted an hour and she came around to all of us and asked us whether we got the topics in Biology. I asked her a few questions and I then understood what she was talking about for the past week. It was a real good way of learning because she all made us draw pictures and facts on an A2 piece of paper to make it easier for us to learn. She then brought loads of sheets of A2 paper and said we can take as many as we want. I went up and got 3 :P

When it was over at 5pm, I left and walked to Brian's house because I planned to just spend a few hours there so we could do homework together. It was lashing and breezy so I soldiered on to his house breaking my umbrella in the process. When I got there, we sat at his dining room table and while he was doing his LCVP homework, I used one of the A2 sheets to make a Biology poster. Brian then brought out a pack of Jaffa Cakes and a nice big glass of milk. All was good and we were having until my dad called me at about 5.45pm and told me that I had to come home right now. I didn't know if I was in trouble or not. My dad came to Brian's house like 5 minutes later and I went home.

When I got home I walked up to the kitchen and I could see a playpen like what you would put a baby in and I asked my mam was she looking after a baby or something and then I saw a little white fluffy thing popping his head out from behind my mams leg. It was a dog and he was so small and cute. While I went over and was petting him, my mam told me that he was ours but I didn't believe her because she hates dogs.
I couldn't stop looking at him and playing with him, he was so happy, jumping around and smelling everything. My mam then told me about him.

He was a 7 week old, pure bichon frise from Wexford and my mam and dad had got him that morning and wanted us to surprise us with an early Christmas present. His mam and dad were both pure bichon frises and he had 8 brothers and sister but one of them died when he/she was born. My mam was telling me that another woman had put down a price for him but she couldn't collect him until the weekend so my mam and dad went down to Wexford midweek. She was telling me that when they had got him and were on the way home, he was standing up in the box he was in and looking out the window. They couldn't come up with a name so they had Charlie and Bailey in mind but when they were stopped at a red light, there was a pub across the road called "Bailey's" so they decided that the new little puppy's name would be "Bailey". I loved it and I loved him, he was so cute with a snow white coat and light brown ears which made him unique but my mam said that when he gets older, he will be pure snow white.

After playing with him for a few hours, it was 
time for him to go to bed because he was only 2 months old, so he's only a little baby. My mam and dad had decided that because it was his first night in our house, he might be scared because he would be on his own so my dad brought the playpen upstairs to my mam and dads room. When we were all going to bed, Bailey was put inside the playpen with some blankets and a teddy I gave him. I was so happy that they got a dog and they couldn't have gotten a better one that him. He is perfect and he's not just a dog, he's part of the family <3





No comments:

Post a Comment