Pages

Powered By Blogger

Saturday 8 December 2012

October 19th 2012

Today was me and Brian’s 1 year anniversary. After school Brian had planned to take me out for a meal in Michelangelo’s to celebrate the last year that we have been together. I couldn’t wait and I knew it was going to be a good night. Amanda’s dad gave me a lift this morning and I went to school with a spring in my step and I was in a happy mood and as I told people, they all thought it was so cute that we had been together for that long.

Today in Home Economics we got our journal’s back to correct our mistakes. I didn’t have that many mistakes to correct which I was happy about. In P.E. we were outside and Amanda obviously couldn’t do it so she sat in the hall while everyone else went outside to the tennis courts, except for Norma. Me and Alex were a bit sceptical about it because Norma and Amanda weren’t talking so I didn’t really want them to be together on their own because me and Alex both agreed that we didn’t like how Norma was treating Amanda.

We left them anyway and went out and had P.E. and afterwards Amanda wasn’t talking to me because she thought I made a face at her and Norma after P.E. which I didn’t do but anyway I asked Alex to talk to her and get her to listen to reason. At lunch when I sat with Amanda, she wouldn’t talk to me at all and every time I spoke to her she would start a conversation with someone else. About 5 minutes later I stood up and walked out because I was really upset. I went to my locker and tried to spend the whole of my lunch break anywhere else but in that room.

I walked past Mr. Kerrigan and he stopped me because I was sobbing my heart out. He told me that he wanted to talk to me anyway because a couple of days ago everyone had to fill out a little bully slip and he told me my name had come up 4 times. That meant that 4 people wrote on the slips that I was being bullied. I was surprised and he said that he didn’t know who wrote them because they were anonymous.

I went over towards his office anyway and I met Alex on the way and she came in with me and stayed with me. I told her what was going on and how I felt and she was hugging me and telling me how she thought of the whole idea and she was really lovely. The last time that me and her had been in the meditation room together; we were fighting and saying that we didn’t want to be friends anymore and now we were inseparable.

When Mr. Kerrigan eventually came in he started talking to me and asking me was I being bullied and I said “No” but I told him what happened over the summer with me and Jessica and he looked so surprised and disgusted and he said that he would talk to Jessica. I then went on to talk to him about me and Amanda and what was going on and he told me that me and Amanda were such good friends and this would only make us stronger and that we would sort it out soon. We were in his office for about 30minutes and then the bell went and I went to my last class of the day which was Geography and Ms. Watson was out so we had a free class so I wasn’t really bothered doing anything so I just put my head on the desk and rested.

As I was walking home, I didn’t want to think about what happened between me and Amanda. All I could think about was that night; it was supposed to be a lovely night but I thought the whole atmosphere was ruined because of a stupid misunderstanding. When I went home I started to get ready because Brian was coming over at 7pm.

I straightened my hair and put on my make-up and got dressed and made myself all presentable for Brian. He came over at about 6.50pm and the first time I saw him was in my kitchen, I stood there smiling and his eyes just lit up. He was wearing black trousers, a black and white chequered shirt and his school shoes! HA I just laughed when he told me. He was leaning on his crutches and in his hand he was holding the biggest single rose I had ever seen. He gave it to me and I sniffed it and he kissed my forehead which I thought was sweet. He said that I looked gorgeous and I just blushed and in fairness he scrubbed up nice too.
                   
                      

Our table was booked for 7.30pm so we went into the sitting room to take some pictures of me and Brian. At about 15 past seven my dad dropped me and Brian down to Michelangelo’s and we went in and the waiter brought us to a table in the centre of the room. There were people at every table but the room was kind of dimmed and there was a candle on each table. We both sat down and looked at the menu but we both already knew what we were going to order. Our waiter brought us over some bread, which was really nice and we had it also when we came here for my 17th Birthday, and a jug of water. We just talked to each other for a few minutes and then the waiter came over and we ordered. I had Spaghetti Bolognese and Brian had Spaghetti Carbonara. We didn’t bother getting fizzy drinks because we had our water, so we said that we would get them with the dessert.

Brian then went to the toilet and then about 2 minutes after he returned, I went too. About 2 minutes later, our waiter came with our food. Both me and Brian’s meal came with garlic bread which was nice. We both tucked in and just spoke to each other about how the past year has been so traumatic and rocky and saying how the next year together would be a lot smoother. He looked at me for the whole night in awe which made me blush and we both kept saying “I love you” to each other for the whole night. I couldn’t believe that I had been going out with him for a year now, I mean I was in love with him so much I knew for definite that me and him would be together for ever <3

During our dinner we saw 2 women walk into the restaurant and as they walked past us, my heart sank. It was my Irish teacher; Ms. O’Connell and some other woman. She didn’t seem me when she walked to her table but about 15 minutes later when she had returned from the bathroom, she saw me, smiled and said “Hi Lauren”, she looked at both of us and walked away. I froze because it just doesn’t happen that often when you see your teacher outside of school and if you do, you don’t want them to see you in a fancy restaurant with your boyfriend all “lovey dovey”! 

The food was really nice and afterwards Brian ordered some profiteroles for us and we decided not to get some fizzy drinks, we just stuck to the water. The profiteroles were so nice and creamy. Afterwards we then started to head to the front desk; Brian paid the bill of a reasonable €25. We then went outside and started to walk up to Tesco, we went in and got some food and drinks and then Brian’s dad collected us at about 10pm and brought us back to Brian’s house.

When we got there, we went in to talk to his mam for a few minutes and showed her both of our rings, she thought mine was really pretty and she liked Brian’s too. We then went into the side room and sat down together and watched some television. Because we only got to Brian’s house at about 10.10pm I rang my dad and asked him whether I could stay in Brian’s house until 11.30pm because it was a special night, he said “Yes” so we were both happy.

For the rest of the night me and Brian just cuddled on the couch while watching some television and then we went into the kitchen to listen to some music. My dad then collected me and brought me home.

The whole night was so lovely and I enjoyed every minute of it. It was so nice of Brian to bring me out for our 1 year anniversary to a nice fancy restaurant. It really made the day even more special that my boyfriend really cares about me and I now know that he will never do anything to hurt me ever again!

                    

No comments:

Post a Comment