Pages

Powered By Blogger

Wednesday 26 December 2012

October 24th 2012

Today in school while we were in Irish, we were all given a sheet with a story on it which we had to answer questions. Me and Amanda were helping each other with the questions. Our teacher Ms. O’Connell then asked Amanda what she was doing, and that she should be doing it in her copy because she would lose the sheet and she was sort of giving out to her. I didn’t really like the way she was talking down her nose to her, so I said to her “Ms, I did it on the sheet too because I wanted to keep it all together” and then she sort of gave me a look. I started to continue answering my questions and then a few other people like Grace and Bebhinn said that they too did their questions on the sheet too and then she said “Ohh okay”. 

Today was also the day of my parent-teacher meeting. I was going to it as well to help my mam and so was Amanda with her dad. The meeting was on from 3.20 – 6.00 but my mam and Amanda’s dad weren’t coming until about 4pm so after school me and Amanda went to the library to do some of our homework. At about 4pm me and Amanda made our way to the reception and my mam was there but Amanda’s dad wasn’t so me and my mam went in without her. 

I had never gone to a parent-teacher meeting in secondary school before and it was really weird because there were teachers sitting at desks against the walls of the whole hall. There were about 20 chairs in the middle of the hall; I don’t really know what the point of them was. There were about 150 parents there all queuing up at different tables waiting to see the teachers. My mam looked around the hall and I had it all planned out for her; like which teacher I wanted her to see first and so on. 


She went to my Biology teacher; Ms. Felle, first. She said that I was really nice but I should be focusing more on my work. I then went to Ms. Farrell who said that me and my mam looked alike. Classic! My mam then went to the rest of my teachers and I was talking with Amanda who was a bit nervous because her dad didn’t look too happy about what her teachers were saying. 

Amanda and her dad then left and about 20 minutes later me and my mam left. Overall all my teachers said that I was really nice but they all said that I have to focus on my studying. We went home and I got some dinner and then I went off to the get ready because I was going up to Brian’s house. My mam said that this would be my last Wednesday that I would be out because I needed to study. 

I got my dad to drop me over to his house at about 7pm and we started to do some of our homework. We did until about 8.30pm and then we decided to put on some music. I was telling Brian about my school dress up day on Friday and I asked him would I be allowed to borrow 1 of his white shirts and his school jumper, he said yes so he went upstairs and got them while I put on a song. 

For the rest of the night we were just listening to music and chatting to each other and then I went home at 10pm.


No comments:

Post a Comment