Pages

Powered By Blogger

Tuesday 4 September 2012

August 28th 2012

Today I woke up at about 7.30am and got ready for school and made sure I looked really nice by doing my make-up really pretty and making sure my hair looked nice. I also made sure that my shirt and tie were properly done because I didn’t want to get in trouble on the very first day of school; I wanted to make a good impression to the first years on their very first day of secondary school.

My dad drove me to school and I went into the courtyard and just sat and talked to Shóna; a girl who was in 6th year last year and was repeating it this year. We spoke from about 8.30 – 8.50am and then I met up with Alex and Aoife and then we made our way up to the 2nd year mall because we were going to have an assembly. I sat at a table with Amanda, Rachel, Kirsten and Shóna and all the other 6th years sat down and Ms. Watson started to speak. She welcomed us all back and gave us a sort of idea of how 6th year will go. She spoke for a while and then Mr Kerrigan said a few words about a committee which he had set up to prevent bullying and then Ms. Watson said where we had to go after she had finished.

Me, Amanda, Alex and a few other people went to room 24 because that was where our base class had to go but when we got there, we knew that we weren’t supposed to be there so we went to room 2 because we figured out what we had to go to our English class, but when we went there, there was already people in there, so we thought it best if we just went to the staff room and asked where did we have to go. Mr Kerrigan told us room 30 was where Ms. McHale’s room was from now on.

We went up and explained why we were late and took our seat at the back of the class and we weren’t the only ones who were late, about 8 other people came in after us. Ms. McHale gave out our locker keys and our journals, and we were all excited because we couldn’t wait to find out where our lockers were. It was coming up to 10.15am so we all just looked at our new journals and started filling in our timetables when we got the list that said what classes we had on each day.

The bell rang we all went to our lockers; I found that my locker was a top locker and I didn’t want a top locker because I couldn’t reach it. Rachel had a bottom locker and so we ended up switching, she was fine with having a top locker. I put the books that I didn’t need into my new locker and kept the ones I did need. I then met up with Amanda, Rachel, Kirsten and Blessing in the games room and we ate our lunch there. When the bell rang we set off for our classes, I was in Geography straight after break. We didn’t really do anything except get our summer exams back and look over the answers.

The rest of the day went really quickly and we didn’t really do a lot but talk and look over our summer exam. The school day ended and I only got home work in like 1 subject so I was happy with that. When I got to the traffic lights, Brian was there because he had said that he would walk me home on Tuesday and Thursday because he wasn’t in school until Friday.

I don’t know why but I really like Brian walking me home. He said he likes walking me home so whenever he’s off early he always walks me home. When I got home, Brian came in for a few minutes and was talking to Dean about his first day of school and then about 10 minutes later he left. I talked to my mam about my first day back, Dean told me how his first day was, I showed my mam my timetable and my new journal and then I went upstairs and did my homework.

I didn’t go out on that day because I was knackered so I decided to stay in and start making some timetables. They took ages to do and I made one for me and my mam, I made mine colourful so I knew which colour corresponded to each subject but I just made my mam’s one a white one so she could understand it. She is blind enough as it is, I didn’t want to confuse her more :L

No comments:

Post a Comment