Pages

Powered By Blogger

Tuesday 4 September 2012

August 15th 2012

 Today was the day where Dean was going on his camping trip. He joined the St. John Ambulance about 5 months ago and he was now going on a 4 day camping trip. This was a really big thing because it was his very first time being away from home longer than a day. During the early afternoon, my mam was trying to help Dean to pack his bag and showing him where things where. Dean had to bring a lot of things with him and had to fit everything in a camping bag. He had to bring knives, forks, plates, 4 full sets of clothes, sleeping bag, jumpers, jackets and much more but they all fit in the bag anyway which was good. He was looking forward to going and I was looking forward to being an only child for the next few days but I have to admit I was going to miss our daily fights. 

At about 6pm we went around to Scoil Na Mainistreach and when we got there, there were only about 2 boys there. By the time everyone was there, we all went over and talked to the leaders and all the boys and girls did their actions when they’re relaxed and focused, I actually don’t know what they did, it reminded me of something they do in the army where the leader shouts something and they all sort of move. They all put their bags on the bus and everyone dressed in their uniforms got on the bus and set off. My dad took loads of pictures and then we went home. I could see that my parents were worried because it was the first time Dean had ever been away from home and he was their youngest child so they were on edge. My mam said that it wasn’t just because he was the youngest that they worried about him, she said that every time I go out like to my friends or to school or anywhere she worries because even though I’m 17, she still thinks of me as her baby so it doesn’t really matter what age you are, your parents will never stop worrying about you because you will always be their baby <3




No comments:

Post a Comment