Pages

Powered By Blogger

Tuesday 4 September 2012

August 13th 2012

Today I planned to go out with Shane again and he was going to bring out his dog again. I met up with him and we walked down to Castletown and we had a nice long walk talking and bonding and just getting to know each other. I really enjoyed it because at one point when the sun was shining really brightly me, Shane and Heidi just lay on the grass and relaxed in the sun. All was going really good and we started to leave at like 5.30pm and we walked up towards Ballymakealy because Shane was going to football at 7pm. We were walking past Oak Leigh and Jessica Dennehy and her friends were there and we didn’t say anything we just walked past but all she and her friends did was shout abuse at us. We ignored it and walked past and he went into Ballymakealy and I walked on towards my house.

I heard her calling after me and then I heard her running towards me so I started to walk a little faster but she caught up to me and her other 2 friends followed and when I tried to ignore her, she grabbed my arm and stopped me from walking. Her 3 friends were surrounding me and started being really nasty to me and being really intimidating. Jessica then said that I have to stay away from her brother Eric because apparently I “threatened” him even though I don’t know what he looks like! I thought that if I agreed that the conversation would be over then but no, despite me saying that I would stay away from him even though I had never had a conversation with him ever, she reacted as if I said “No why should I?” She backed away from me and shouted “UHHHHH I’M GOING TO FUCKING KILL YOU LAUREN!!!” It was like I waved a red cloth in front of her face like a bull in a bullfight. I tried to sort of end the conversation but she grabbed me by the mouth and I could feel her finger sticking into my eye and she scraped my back against the wall. It was really sore and when she let me go, they started moving away so I started walking home and made sure not to cry and as they laughed their way back to Oak Leigh I walked home injured.

In the heat of the moment I rang the police to report the attack and they told me to go home and tell me parents and then go to the police station to make a statement. I went home and told my parents what happened and their faces said it all. They were shocked that their little girl just got bet up. They told me that it was wrong to get the police involved so they didn’t bring me down and we just forgot about the police. My parents were so angry and wanted to go up to Jessica’s house!!! I didn’t like that idea because I was unsure what her parents were like and maybe it would make the situation worse.

I was in my bedroom for a little while crying and cleaning my cuts and bruises; I had a black eye, a busted lip and scrapes all over my back. About an hour later my parents came to the conclusion that the 3 of us would go up to her house and have a talk with her parents. I was scared and when we got there, her step-dad answered the door and we told him what had happened and he had this look as if to say “Here we go again” as if he had already dealt with something like this before. I showed him my cuts and bruises and he looked really angry and said that he was going to drag Jessica home straight away and my parents stopped him and said that we didn’t want him to shout and give out to her but to talk to her in a calm way. He was really nice actually and understanding and my mam even said that he was very approachable.

I was proud of myself because despite Jessica pushing me and hurting me, I didn’t fight back or hit her back because I knew it would make the situation worse. If I hit her, I would just be as bad as her so I just took what she had to give me. But from now on I will just stay away from here and just forget about what happened.

No comments:

Post a Comment