Pages

Powered By Blogger

Monday 6 August 2012

July 25th 2012

Today was the day I think I got a parcel and card in the post. I already knew what it was. It was a birthday present from my great-aunties Bernie and Patsy who live in Wexford. We only get to see them about 3 times a year but Berni seems to send me a birthday presents every year. She is my dad's auntie but to me she is like the nanny Murphy I never had because my dad's mam died when I was about 3 years old and I loved her and ever since then Berni has in a way taken her place and is now looking after me. Berni has been a big part of my life for as long as I can remember and she treats me like a grand-daughter because she hasn't got any children and she isn't married. She always knows what to get me for my birthday unlike my parents who had to ask me.
Brian called for me at like 3pm or 4pm and then we walked down to Michelangelo's restaurant on Main Street to have a look at the offers. Starters and desserts were €5 and a main meal was €10 which was reasonable so we headed back up to Brian's house and when we got there I rang up the restaurant and booked a table for 2 for the 2th of July. It was really happening..............my boyfriend was finally taking me out on our first official date in a fancy restaurant. I couldn't wait.

Brian was going out for a family dinner in town with his parents and his brother Alan at 7.30pm so I left and walked up to Alex's house. Me and Alex walked with Benny up through Castletown forest adn out through the backlawns and into the Castletown grounds. We wanted to see Benny go in the small river so Alex just pushed him in. He jumped back out and we headed back to Alex's house. It was coming up to about 10pm and we were going to give Benny a bath but it was too late. Me and Alex were in her sitting room just talking and at about 10.30 her mam came in and said "It's getting late" Whatever way she meant it, I was offended so I got my dad to collect me at 10.45pm.

No comments:

Post a Comment