Pages

Powered By Blogger

Wednesday 29 August 2012

August 5th 2012

Today Brian went to Spain and I was upset that I wasn't going to be able to see him everyday and talk to him everyday. My family had planned to go on a car drive up to Northern Ireland to go to The Giant's Causeway. I thought it would be fun so I decided to go too. It was a long drive though and my mam was showing us where the border was, the only way we knew that we were in Northern Ireland was the colour of the road lines were different. When we got there and paid and stuff, we went in and we had these talking phone things that explained like the history part of the tour. We walked down a steep hill, took some pictures and then went over to the famous "Giant's Causeway". There was about 300 hundred people on it so we just took our time because we weren't in a rush. I thought it was really cool and I was enjoying myself and we were standing out on the walkway and we took loads of pictures and then we started walking up the mountain, I thought we just came her to look at the famous landmark and then leave. NO!!! We started hiking up the mountain which took about 1 hour and I felt at one point that my heart was going to jump out of my body. We made it to the top with great difficulty and then we walked over to the edge of the cliff and had a look and then took loads more photos.

My dad had a good idea for a picture, he got my mam to lie down on the edge of the cliff so he could get the giant's causeway in the background, then he said "Can you move back a bit?". My mam did and then it registered in the brain that she was on the edge of the cliff and they both started laughing, then we all did and the other people that were on the cliff with us. Here is that picture below and more of the pictures we took that day. 


 








When we were finished hiking up mountains, we went back to the center and had a look in the exhibition which was really interesting and we looked in the shop and then walked back to the car and had some of the food which my mam packed for us. We had some nice rolls, cakes and crisps because we were starving from using all our energy on the hike. It was a good day anyway but I don't think I would be able to do that ever again because it was too much for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment