Pages

Powered By Blogger

Monday 16 July 2012

July 4th 2012

Today was my mam and dad's wedding anniversary. They have been married for 14 years. I really wasn't sure what to get them, so the night before their anniversary I went to the Spar that was in the holiday park just to see if there was anything nice there. I had already got a card for them when I was back in Celbridge so I was sorted for a card. I went in and there wasn't anything really there so I freaked out because I had to get something. I ended up getting my mam a bag of toffee popcorn which she loves and a nice bracelet. I got my dad a postcard of Blackpool and a box of sweets. When I gave them their presents they were really happy that we made the effort and they loved the presents even though they were something small.


Today on their anniversary we decided to go to a wax museum in Blackpool called Madame Tussaud's. We were all really looking forward to it because we would get to have pictures with our favourite television celebrities. When we went in there wasn't that many people there, which was good so we could take our time. When we went in it was so big and there was loads of wax figures of people like Simon Cowell, Graham Norton and Lady Gaga. It was so funny because we would do poses beside the wax models, some more strange than others which was funny. There was one thing and it wasn't a wax figure, it was like a cardboard cutout where you put your face through it and you can take a picture. It was so funny because instead of just smiling, we all made a face to suit the character. Here's the picture that we took:

As we made our way around the museum, there was people that worked there, ready to take a picture of us in a scene, for instance, there were wax figures of the Queen, Kate and William, so we stood beside them and did our best royal wave. When we saw all of the wax figures, we went out into the shop. This is where you could buy souvenirs and get your photo's printed off. We got some sort of package deal where we got big photo's, magnets and key-rings. Here are 2 of the pictures that we got:

Dean bought this statue thing which is like a Grammy and he got something engraved on it. It was something like "Dean Murphy met the stars at Madame Tussaud's in Blackpool" or something. He only payed about £7 for it and the engraving was free, I didn't really want anything like that because I would like clothes better. When we got out pictures, we left and decided to go for a walk around the markets and shops. We got a couple of bits and my mam even got a nice top for herself. It's like a red top with frilly parts and a nice necklace to go with it. After a few hours we decided to go home and get ready to go to The Dungeon under The Blackpool Tower. When we came back to The Dungeon about 2 hours later, it wasn't open and we were puzzled as to why it wasn't open because it would've been good to have it open during the night because it's scary. We decided to go back to the holiday park and just go to the entertainment instead.


When we got there which was at about 9pm, we were only waiting a few minutes when a table became available, when the person who was sitting there before us left, I ran over and snatched it. Most people were leaving at that time because seeing as it was time for the mature entertainment, they were bringing their young children home to bed. My dad came down with a big  jug of beer and two glasses which he has got every-night so far since we have been in Blackpool. The night was really good and since as it was my parents anniversary, I went up the the DJ box and told the guy to give a shoat out to them on their special day. They were really appreciative and gave me a big hug and thanked me for doing it. The rest of the night was good and it was coming up to 12am when the fire alarm went off. We didn't mind going home because we were going anyway but even though it was just a drill, we all had to go anyway just in case. 
Here is some of the pictures that we took that day:







No comments:

Post a Comment