Pages

Powered By Blogger

Tuesday 10 July 2012

June 29th 2012

Today was the first day of our holiday. We were getting the Stena Adventure at 8.30 which means we had to get up at about 6am. We made sure a few days before that we had everything ready. I helped my mam pack the suitcases and clean the house from top to bottom before we went away. Sleeping in my bed which had been changed the day before so they would be fresh for when I came back I tried to get to sleep. I managed to get a few hours of sleep and then at 6am my mam came in and turned the light on. All I had to do was get up, get dressed and make my bed. Everything in my room was in its place. I grabbed my bags and we started to fill the car. I think travelling by boat is better than flying because there is not limit to what you can bring. So we made sure that every nook and cranny was stuffed with holiday gadgets. we left at about 6.30am and made our way to the ports. There was surprisingly a lot of cars on the road at that time but they would've been going to work.


When we got there, my mam and Dean went into the seating area place because Dean wasn't feeling the best. For the past couple of days he has been sick and even went to the doctors. Apparently he has a virus in his eye that is affecting his eyes, nose and mouth meaning cough and cold. I had my bag ready which I was bringing on the boat with me. We were going to be on the boat for 3 hours so I made sure I was prepared. I had my phone, Ipod, Ipad and Nintendo charged up. We brought different games that we could play and a colouring book and colouring pencils. We drove onto the boat and made our way up to the lounge areas in search of a seat. My dad's cousin Phillip and auntie Berni were also going to the wedding so we sat with them on the boat. The time flew in because the two of them are so funny and great to be around. It honestly felt like a 1 hour journey because we were with them. I had loads of fun on my Nintendo and Ipad. We also got breakfast on the boat, I am not really one for breakfast so I just had sausages, rashers and beans. It was arranged that Phillip would get the train up to the Park Inn hotel in Leigh and Berni was going to stay in her sister Lilly's house. We had about a 3 hour drive ahead of us and we would all be squished in the car so half way through the journey we stopped off in a McDonald's in Wales which gave us a chance to eat and stretch the legs. 


When we got to my great-auntie Lilly's house, we went inside and my dad was talking about when he was younger, we stead there for a while and then we made a move and headed for our hotel. We stayed in this hotel about 3 years so we knew what the hotel was like. We checked in and we walked in and we got a double room again. The main bedroom was nice with a huge bed and nice bathroom. We went into the other room where there was 2 sofa beds and a table and chairs. The room was massive, we were all so surprised and we relaxed for a bit and started to unpack. My dad was on the phone to Phillip and because of problems in his marriage his wife cancelled the reservation in the hotel so he had nowhere to sleep. We all felt bad so we tried to get him a room in the hotel but they were fully booked and every other hotel/ B&B were all full because there was a famous 80's rock band playing a concert there and everyone wanted to see them. I never heard of them "The stone roses". Phillip was saying to us that he was just going to go home but we said to him that he could stay with us. He felt embarrassed and after much persuasion he came up to the room and that meant instead of my mam and dad sleeping in the big huge bed and me and Dean having a big sofa bed each, I would be sleeping with my mam in the main bed and my dad and Dean would have 1 sofa bed and Phillip would have the other. I didn't really mind and we all went over to the big store that was built in front of the hotel which was built recently because it wasn't there when we were last there. My mam was happy because it was a Morrison's. We went in and got some food and because Phillip felt bad about "squatting" with us he paid for the whole thing. The cost was about £40. We got some sandwiches, drinks and a huge case of bear. There was 30 cans of Carlsberg for £15. We then went back to the hotel room and ate the food.


Later on in the night we all went down to the lounge area and stayed there for about 1 hour, had a few drinks and had fun. Phillip was interrogated me about my boyfriend Brian. He wanted to text him and scare him. HE sent a text saying something like "Lauren and I are having a good time here in England", we were all laughing and Brian texted back saying "Who's this?" I knew Brian was getting freaked out because an unknown number sent him a text saying that he was having fun with his girlfriend. I decided to text him on my dads phone and explain everything. It was at that point where I felt low because it would be ages away until I would see him. We all then went to bed and I had a really good nice sleep because me and my mams bed was so comfy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment