Pages

Powered By Blogger

Monday 12 November 2012

October 4th 2012


Today in school during lunch, our English c lass were practicing our dance and it was really funny because neither me or Alex or Amanda could get to copes with the hard choreography. Alex and Amanda were messing beside me and then Amanda stood on her foot wrong and went to sit down. Me and Alex were laughing and even she was laughing but when she started getting tears in her eyes I started to worry. I went over and was talking to her and she was telling me that she couldn’t feel her foot and that her leg was sore. A few minutes passed and then everyone else started to gather around her because now she was really getting upset.

Kellie went off and got Siobhan because she was like trained in First Aid, she came and then started to try get Amanda to calm down and then I decided to go to get a teachers help. Mr Kerrigan and Ms Smyth were talking outside the staff room in the courtyard and I told them what happened and we all went to the hall. Mr Kerrigan was talking to Amanda and asked her what happened while Ms Smyth was only worried about getting everyone to go back to class.

Mr Kerrigan told me to go get either Mr Lawlor or Ms O’Callaghan so I ran off and found Mr Lawlor and told him what happened and then he came with me back to the hall. Amanda was sitting in a wheelchair and Alex was with her. Ms Smyth came over and told me to go back to my class but I didn’t want to, I wanted to stay with my best-friend. I wasn’t just going to leave Amanda on her own when she was hurt. Ms Smyth said that Amanda had Alex, which was okay that she had someone there to keep her calm but no disrespect to Alex; I wanted to be the one that was with her. I felt so helpless and with Ms. Smyth basically kicking me out of the hall, I just walked out.

I was really angry and pissed off really and I was walking towards Rachel and tears just flooded my eyes and Rachel ran up to me and hugged me and sat on the bench with me. I told her what happened and she assured me that she was going to be okay and that we could go over to her house later on in the evening. I accepted that and she calmed me down and a few minutes later a few teachers came over to see was I okay. Then Ms. Smyth walked by me and said “Stop making a big deal out of nothing!” I then snapped at her while walking away and then Ms. Barry said “Stop crying or go home”

I then went back to my double Irish class and couldn’t stop thinking about it for the whole class so at the break of class me, Aoife and Alex went to get our book out of our lockers and then went down to reception to talk to Amanda and she was there still crying and all I could do was cry. I hated seeing my best friend in pain and the fact that I couldn’t do anything about it made it ten times worse.

We went back to class and I couldn’t wait to get out of the school so I could go home, do my homework, get some food and then go to her house.

I went over at about 7pm and Rachel was already there and I went in and Amanda’s leg was all bandaged up and I couldn’t help but feel sorry for her because I didn’t like seeing her like this. She told me and Rachel what her mam said and what the doctor said when she was in the hospital. She had torn 2 ligaments in her leg and had to be in a cast for the next few weeks and that would mean she would need physical therapy and medication and all sorts.

After spending about an hour with her we left and I felt a bit relieved that it was only 2 ligaments that she tore and wasn’t more injured than what I thought she was.

No comments:

Post a Comment